Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 10, 2010

18 Days and Going Strong

If you're a regular reader of my blog you've likely heard me refer to my 'Trammies.' Tramacet is my prescribed medication for fibromyalgia pain. Most of the time, it works decently and takes away the achies of fibro. I've been instructed by my doctor to keep a chart of how often I am using them.

I doubt it is the power of suggestion but since I've been monitoring my usage, I've been taking much less medication. In fact, I haven't taken a Trammy for 18 days! That is a record for me.

I don't know what I'm doing differently but I haven't had fibro pain for over two weeks. I've had some minor aches before bedtime but I'm going to sleep anyway, so I've held off with the Tramacet.

I'm not going to look a gift-horse in the mouth. I'm loving this! I would like to figure out what it is that I'm doing right so I can press the repeat button.

I have still had fatigue with little energy some days. I've been getting the same amount of sleep as usual. I have strictly eliminated caffeine from my diet. I'm not a coffee or tea drinker so that part wasn't difficult. I've switched from my drink of choice - iced tea, to lemonade. I'm not missing the iced tea, in fact, if I have a sip now, it tastes unpleasant.

I have been moving around more. Plug in a lively CD that you enjoy and dance like no one is watching! I have a few Glee sound tracks and there is no way I can stay still when some of the fast songs come on. Pain or no pain, I'm gonna get physical! Let's get into physical! Let me hear your body talk! Or groan as the case may be.

I've been ensuring that I take all my medications on time. Some days went by and I realized I hadn't taken my necessary meds until late evening. It took bringing my pill box upstairs into my bedroom and placing them almost under my nose, so I wouldn't forget.

Yes, it's June but unfortunately on the wet coast here in B.C., it doesn't know that. It hasn't been sunny or warm so I can't put it down to the weather.

I don't know why I've had so little pain lately but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Let me hear your body talk...

No comments:

Post a Comment