Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 12, 2010

I Kicked Fibro's Ass Today!

I had a great day. All days should be so blessed. The sun was shining when I got up - ok, it was no longer to the east - more like directly overhead. No aches or pains when I arose - I didn't even do the rigor mortis walk.

I had lots of (mysterious) energy today. And, I most likely overdid things and the boom will drop tomorrow. In all probability, I will wake up, try to walk and look like something out of the "Thriller" video.

I cooked today! With fresh food. It was a no-microwave zone. I started early in the day, preparing and had my sous chef, Dale, do the grunt work of mincing and chopping.

I had energy to take the Diva for a short walk around the hood. The kids came over for dinner. We usually order out when they come over but I am compelled to show James (a hard-core foodie) that I can, indeed, cook. I just don't choose to! There's a difference.

The menu consisted of Italian sausage with crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices, parsley, topped with freshly grated Parm. cheese. I made the garlic butter/paste for the french bread. I have a special balsamaic vinegrette dressing for salads that I make when the mood and/or energy strike. My darling daughter made a lemon meringue pie for dessert. It was still warm when we scarfed it. Then the sweet little thing actually cleaned the entire kitchen for me. I think she's looking for a raise in her allowance.

Later, I hung out with the family, watching 2 TV shows at once. Don't ask.

It's been a day filled with happiness, fulfillment and validation. I enjoyed puttering around my sunny kitchen. I was Ms.Suzy Homemaker today. No joke: any day that I can get out of bed and participate in life (with my family )are the days I absolutely treasure.

I kicked fibro's ass today!

Waiting for the fibro free fall tomorrow. I think it might kick me in the ass just for spite. Hurray for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment